When life gives you wonky tomatoes, make this easy tomato jam! This rustic recipe does not require peeling, de-seeding or any of that nonsense.
Enjoy this sweet and savory tomato spread with crackers and cream cheese, take a BLT to the next level or as a delicious glaze for tempeh.
- 1 pint ripe tomatoes
- 1 cup organic sugar
- 2T lime juice
- 1T smoked paprika
- 1tsp minced ginger
- ¼tsp ground cumin
- ¼tsp ground cloves
- ½tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp chipotle powder
- Food Processor
- Large Saucepan
- Optional- Canning jars, large stockpot
- Pulse tomatoes in food processor until they are the consistency of salsa.
- Add all ingredients to a large pot and bring to a boil for 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until the consistency is a thick jam, about 30-45 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 weeks or follow my canning process in the video tutorial.
© 2013 – 2014, Veggietorials. All rights reserved.Use of any content or image requires a link back to the original post