I walked into my local craft store for a little Autumn inspiration. You know I need all the help I can get, since I live in the land of eternal summer. Expecting to see a wall of pumpkins, Fall wreaths, burnt orange and gold, can you imagine my complete horror when I was smacked in the face by Christmas?! In September?!!!!
Shaking my fist at the the retail gods and muttering “Bah humbug” under my breath, I stomped out of the store and proceeded to make this soup. Spicy Pumpkin Soup. Not a hint of that other holiday anywhere near this bowl. And because I was feeling feisty, I added a little Asian kick to the tastebuds.
- 1 cup cooked pumpkin
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- ¾ vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (or blend of cinnamon,nutmeg,cloves)
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- salt & pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a high speed blender.
- Blend on high speed for 2 minutes, or until soup is desired heat. If you do not have a high performance blender,heat soup on stove top.
- Garnish with fresh herbs,black sesame seeds or coconut bacon
- Store unused portion in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
© 2013 – 2014, Veggietorials. All rights reserved.Use of any content or image requires a link back to the original post