This recipe is a local kine grindz trifecta. Fried rice is already a perfect island meal, easy to whip up at breakfast, lunch or dinner. Toss in a delicate layer of coconut with the umami of a good curry seasoning and your mouth will be saying “so Ono!”
Using coconut aminos instead of soy sauce makes this simple dish gluten and soy free.
- 4 cups cooked and cooled jasmine rice
- (cooked in coconut water [1.5C rice to 1.75C cocowater])
- 4 T green onions
- 2 cloves garlic,minced
- 1 T ginger,minced1 carrot, diced
- 1 rib celery,chopped
- 1 small onions diced
- 2 bok choy leaves + stems
- 1 cup coconut roasted cashews
- 1 cup chopped cilantro (or parsley,thai basil,chives)
- 3T coconut aminos
- 2T curry seasoning or curry powder
- 2 T coconut oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Sriracha sauce
- Heat coconut oil in large pan over high heat.
- Add garlic, ginger and green onions, sauté for 1 minute.
- Add carrots, stir for 1 minute and reduce heat to med high.
- Add onions and celery, stir for 1 minute, then create a hole in the middle of the veggies, exposing the bottom of the pan.
- Add curry seasoning to the pan and stir.
- Add greens and mix in cold rice, cooking for 2 minutes.
- Season with coconut aminos and salt & pepper to taste.
- Add cilantro and cashews, toss and cook for an additional minute on high heat.
- Serve immediately, garnish with green onions and Sriracha sauce.
© 2012 – 2014, Veggietorials. All rights reserved.Use of any content or image requires a link back to the original post