After a mind rattling week filled with project deadlines, travel planning and interpersonal family discord, I’m ready for a weekend of quiet calm. This is my time to dial it back, bring everything back into focus and prepare myself for the week ahead with more clarity and balance. Here are my top 5 tips on how to cultivate calm.
1. Start the day with a green drink. I can achieve a much deeper state of relaxation if I’m not suffering from digestive issues and bloating. This combination of mint, cucumber, fennel, ginger and apple goes down smooth! Get the green smoothie recipe in the free Calmful Balance eGuide.
2. De-clutter your space. I spend 10 minutes organizing my desk, scanning receipts, and filing away loose ends from the previous week before I hunker down in full weekend chillax mode. Clear space = clear mind
3. Practice Progressive Relaxation. Tense the muscles, one body part at a time, to achieve a state of calm. Inhale, squeeze, exhale, release. Repeat.
4. Aromatherapy. Nothing can transport me from chaos to calm faster than fragrance. Currently, I’m obsessed with lavender essential oil spritzed on my pillows for instant tranquility.
5. Take a magnesium + calcium supplement. All of my stress manifests itself in the form of a physical cramp or pain. Most commonly, I’d wake up in the middle of the night with restless leg syndrome. To help calm my nerves and relax my muscles, I’ve been taking Natural Vitality Natural Calm plus calcium. Mix 1 teaspoon of the raspberry-lemon flavored vegan, gluten-free drink mix into 8 oz. water. This has been a lifesaver on many sleepless nights. I usually get relief from cramps about 30 minutes after taking Natural Calm.
:: Giveaway Details ::
One winner will be chosen on Feb.20, 2015 to receive a $100 Natural Vitality gift certificate! You must have a US shipping address to be eligible to win. Winner will be contacted via email and will have 48 hrs to claim the prize or an alternate winner will be chosen.
1) Download the Calmful Balance eGuide
2) Leave me a comment letting me know how you create calm in your life.
Good luck! Want more tips to enjoy life with more fun, ease and less stress? The Calmful Balance eGuide is here to help with tips, recipes and reflections on bringing balance to:
What you eat (5 new recipes!)
How you shop
Helping the planet
We promise we won’t tell you what you’re doing wrong or report on the latest health scares. Instead we offer up inspirational ideas to realistically add some balance to your life. Download your free Calmful Balance eGuide
Disclaimer: This giveaway is sponsored by Natural Vitality. The opinions in this post are my own.
© 2015, Veggietorials. All rights reserved.Use of any content or image requires a link back to the original post